Thursday, December 23, 2010

And so it begins.

I've been contemplating this for years now. I don't know how many people will be interested, maybe this is more for myself than anything else. Years back, when the camera I held went "click" and the pungent odor of developer permeated my every fiber, I wrote a column. (That's what "blogs" were called back then kids, and you ink on your hands when you read them.) I called my column "The Camera, I"

I wanted to give people an insight into the world of being a photojournalist. The saying goes "A picture is worth a thousand words" but for me, I wanted to tell the story of the thousand words behind every photo. One of he great things about my job, is I get to see things, go places, meet people, that most people will never be able to do. It's also the worst thing about my job at times.

So I embark on this once again. Hopefully some insight into the world I see every day. I'll try to keep it current, every day I head out into the world with a camera on my shoulder there are a million stories waiting to be told. Maybe I can tell one or two

And I promise you won't get ink on your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment